"Live the adventure!" At 4X4 Australia we take you to exciting and remote destinations all over Australia, and we include travel planning info on each place, every month.
We also test your favourite camping and 4X4 equipment and all the vehicles while we are travelling in Australia's toughest 4X4 locations.
Check out THE 4X4 Shop (on the task-bar above) for the latest range of video's, books and great outdoor gear and buy online today!
4X4 Australia is a monthly title. Please allow up to 4-5 weeks for first issue delivery.
|Upcoming Issues||Expected delivery within Aus|
|July 16||Wed 08 Jun 2016 - Fri 17 Jun 2016|
|August 16||Thu 07 Jul 2016 - Fri 15 Jul 2016|
Your first issue delivery date will be confirmed via an email directly from the publisher to you.
The EXPECTED DELIVERY date range is an estimate of when a subscription copy will arrive in Australia. This varies by location due to Australia Post delivery timings.
Draw to WIN A Toyota Hilux
One lucky reader is going to drive away in this mighty Toyota double cab ute.
During the past six months the crew at 4X4 Australia have been transforming this Hilux from a tradie’s work hack into an awesome adventure machine. With the help of some of the best names in the 4x4 business, their experts have equipped this rig with the very best in off-road gear.
This is a touring rig to take you anywhere – The Cape, the Red Centre, the Western Deserts or the Kimberley. This tough Toyota ute is built to get you there and back – and one lucky reader has the chance to win it. Who knows, you could be the one setting off for the outback adventure of a lifetime in this bush-ready Toyota – but you’ve got to be in it to win it!
- Instructions on “How to Enter” and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is open to residents of Australia aged 18 years and over. Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
- The Competition commences on 10/03/16 at 0:01am (AEDST) and closes on 7/07/16 at 23:59pm (AEST). The draw will take place at 11.00am (AEST) on 2/08/16 at Storacall Technology LTD T/a X-on, 7 Salamander Court, Mermaid Waters, QLD 4218. The winner will be notified in writing and by telephone using the contact details given in their entry. The winner’s name will be published in the public notices section of The Australian Newspaper on 4/08/16.
- Entrants must during the promotional period enter by any of the following ways:
- Subscribe: Individuals can subscribe to 4x4 Australia Magazine (in Print, digital or bundle) for a minimum term of a twelve (12) month subscription during the entire promotional period via telephone 136 116 (Mon – Fri 8am AEDST/AEST – 8pm AEDST/AEST) or on-line at www.magshop.com.au/winhilux. By subscribing this way the entrant will receive 100 automatic entries into the draw.
- Magazine Coupon: Individuals can complete the in-mag competition coupon found within a specific issue of 4X4 Australia magazine during the promotional period: including their full name, address, current email address and daytime telephone number and mail the completed entry form to: Toyota Hilux Competition, Bauer Trader Media, Locked Bag 12, Oakleigh, VIC, 3166. By completing the magazine entry coupon the entrant will receive – 10 automatic entries into the draw.
- Magazine Reader Code: Locate the reader code found within any issue of the magazine during the entire promotional period and visit www.4x4australia.com.au/WinHilux during the promotional period, follow the prompts to the competition page and fill in the entry form including their full name, date of birth, state, daytime telephone number, current email address and the Magazine Reader Code and submit the entry as instructed. By completing the Magazine reader code entry - the entrant will receive – 10 automatic entries into the draw. For the removal of doubt, each in-mag code can be redeemed by the entrant once (1) during the entire promotional period to receive the ten (10) entries. If the individual enters the competition via Magazine Reader code method it is a condition of entry that the entrant agrees to receive the 4X4 Australia weekly electronic newsletter.
- Online: Individuals need to visit www.4x4australia.com.au/WinHilux during the promotional period and follow the prompts to the competition page and fill in the entry form including their full name, date of birth, state, current email address and daytime telephone number and submit the entry as instructed. By completing the entry form online the entrant will receive 1 automatic entry into the draw. Entrants may enter a maximum of once via this method per month during the entire promotional period for a maximum of 5 (five) entries. If the individual enters the competition via online method it is a condition of entry that the entrant agrees to receive the 4X4 Australia weekly electronic newsletter.
- Show entries – Entry forms will be available at all shows that are attended by 4X4 Australia magazine during the entire promotional period. Individuals must go the relevant magazine stand and fill in the entry form including their full name, date of birth, state, current email address and daytime telephone number and put their entry into the barrel available at each magazine stand. By filling in the show coupon entry form, an entrant will receive 1 entry into the draw per show that is attended by either magazine brand over the promotional period. If the individual enters the competition via show entry it is a condition of entry that the entrant agrees to receive the 4X4 Australia weekly electronic newsletter.
- Subscription requests are subject to the correct use of a valid credit card or, if payment is made by cheque, the cheque must be cleared for payment by the close date of the promotion.
- If the subscription purchased is a gift, the gift recipient (i.e. person receiving the subscription) will be entered into the draw. Subscription gift donors (i.e. person buying the subscription), 3rd party subscriptions (i.e. whereby a person’s subscription is paid for by a corporate body) and free subscriptions will be deemed invalid.
- Digital magazine subscription and print/digital bundles purchases are eligible for inclusion in this promotion.
- By subscribing to this magazine title, entrants acknowledge that they understand that ‘tip-ons’ and gifts that may be available with non-subscriber copies may not be provided with subscriber copies. This determination is made at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
- The first (1) valid drawn entry from all valid entries received during the entire promotional period will be deemed the major prize winner and will win: A (1) restored 2010 Toyota Hilux Diesel Double Cab Ute valued at up to $55,000 (including all on-road costs – these costs may vary state to state). Please note, this is a restored vehicle, not a new vehicle and the speedometer will reflect as such. For editorial purposes, the car may have up to 5,000 kilometres on the speedometer post restoration. Total prize pool valued at up to $55,000 (AUD) (including on-road costs). Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize are not included. These are the responsibility of the winner.
- Prize includes standard fittings, registration, compulsory third party insurance, stamp duty and dealer delivery charges (which may vary State by State). Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming this prize are the responsibility of the winner.
- If the winner of the vehicle prize is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner's nominated parent or guardian on the winner’s behalf. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the prize winner provides the Promoter with their full name, address, license and a copy of their current Australian driver’s license prior to the awarding of the vehicle prize. Winner must have a current valid Australian driver’s license. If the winner is, through any legal incapacity or otherwise, unable to register the vehicle in their own name, then such winner may assign the vehicle prize to another person (who consents to such assignment) with legal capacity for the purpose of registration. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any such arrangements between the winner and the assignee. The winner must provide the Promoter with certified copies of all required documentation as required by the Promoter before the vehicle is awarded.
- Any additional optional extras and accessories, comprehensive insurance and any other insurance, fuel, personal costs and any other ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize are excluded and are the responsibility of the winner. The colour of the vehicle prize is at the discretion of the Promoter. Except as expressly stated in these conditions, the Promoter will not provide a substitute model (prize). The Promoter will not exchange the vehicle prize for cash.
- The winner must provide all information and sign all documentation necessary to enable Promoter to register the vehicle prize in the winner's name prior to collection. Receipt of the vehicle prize is subject to the winner being able to lawfully take possession of the prize and comply with all registration and compulsory third party insurance requirements of the State/Territory in which the winner elects to register the prize.
- The winner must collect their vehicle prize from Bauer Trader Media at 73 Atherton Road, Oakleigh, VIC 3166, as specified by the Promoter, and the prize must be registered prior to collection. If the winner is unable to collect the vehicle prize, the winner may incur cost of transporting the prize, if needed, from Bauer Trader Media office to an alternate prize claim point as nominated by the winner and deemed acceptable by the Promoter. Any costs associated with the transport of the vehicle prize to an alternate location will be responsibility of the winner.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for any mechanical, body or paint repairs from the date and time of delivery. Comprehensive insurance, petrol/ fuel/ diesel costs and any other ongoing costs are the responsibility of the winner
- The external and interior colour of the vehicle prize is subject to availability at time of redemption of prize. Any number plate details used in the promotional material are representational only.
- If necessary, a draw for the prize, should it remain unclaimed, may take place on 08/11/16 at 11.00am (AEST), at Bauer Trader, 73 Atherton Road Oakleigh, VIC 3166. The winner will be notified by telephone and in writing using the contact details given in their entry. The winner’s name will be published in the public notices section of the Australian on 10/11/16.
- The Prize value is correct as at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate date on which the prize is taken. This prize will have been tested for editorial purposes and will not be brand new when the winner receives it.
- In the event that for any reason whatsoever the Winner does not take the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited by the Winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
- In the event that a prize, or part of a prize, is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize or part of the prize in its discretion with an alternative prize or part of the prize to the same and equal recommended retail value and/or specification subject to any written directions from the various Lottery Departments.
- The promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any late lost or misdirected mail (including but not limited to prizes).
- The Promoter is not responsible nor liable for any prize damaged in transit in the delivery of their prize
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including but not limited to natural disaster) the Promoter reserves the right to subject to reference to all relevant state and territory rules and regulations, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
- If a medical circumstance in some way restricts your ability to enter the competition through the required mechanic, you are still eligible to enter however you must briefly state your circumstances upon entry.
- If your entry is selected as a winning entry, validation of your circumstances/ the validity of your entry will be undertaken by the Promoter. Method of validation (without limitation) will be determined by the Promoter in its complete discretion. If the winning entry is deemed to be a winner, the winner will be notified as per the terms and conditions herein. In the event that the Promoter requests the entrant to sign any legal documents relating to the verification of their medical circumstance, the legal documents will take the form determined by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner signs any such legal documentation.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- The Promoter is Bauer Media Pty Ltd (ABN 18 053 273 546) of 54 – 58 Park Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 – Trading as Bauer Trader, at 73 Atherton Road, Oakleigh, Vic 3166. Authorised under permit numbers: NSW: LTPS/16/01143 ACT: TP 16/00290 SA: T16/238