Australian Geographic Outdoor
Every issue of Australian Geographic Outdoor is packed with the best destinations that nature has on offer, along with the expert advice, information and gear you need to get outdoors. The magazine is the ultimate source of inspiring adventure, travel and lifestyle.
|Upcoming Issues||Expected delivery within Aus|
|Mar/Apr 2015||Wed 18 Mar 2015 - Fri 27 Mar 2015|
|May/June 2015||Wed 13 May 2015 - Fri 22 May 2015|
Your first issue delivery date will be confirmed via an email directly from the publisher to you.
The EXPECTED DELIVERY date range is an estimate of when a subscription copy will arrive in Australia. This varies by location due to Australia Post delivery timings.
Subscribe to win a Kayak package!
Subscribe for 1 year (6 issues – $42) or 2 years (12 issues – $79)
and tell us in 25 words or less where would you take the
Mission kayak on its first adventure for your chance to win a
prize pack worth over $1450!
Inspiration with 6 or 12 issues of Australian Geographic Outdoor
• 10% discount in all Australian Geographic stores
• Membership to the Australian Geographic Society
• Free delivery direct to your door
• PLUS! A free book, worth $34.95, if you subscribe
• PLUS! A chance to win a kayak prize pack!
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry to the promotion is only open to residents of Australia aged 18 years or over who subscribe to or renew their subscription to Australian Geographic Outdoor (for a minimum period of 12 months/6 issues) within the Promotional Period. Individuals can only pay for the subscription via a valid credit card or cheque. Payment for the subscription must be received by the Promoter by 23.59pm AEDST on 15/03/2015 (for credit card payments) or by 17:00pm AEDST on 1/03/2015 (for cheque payments). Subscription requests are to be sent to Australian Geographic Outdoor Reply Paid 5252, Sydney NSW 2001; or made by phone 136 116 (lines open Mon-Fri 08:00am to 17.30pm AEDST or on-line at www.magshop.com.au/australian-geographic-outdoor. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- This prize is not valid in conjunction with any other prize. Only one (1) entry is permitted per person per subscription. If the subscription is a gift, only the gift donor (i.e. person buying the subscription) will be entered into the competition or receive the subscription gift.
- By subscribing to Australian Geographic Outdoor, entrants acknowledge that they understand that ‘tip ons’ and gifts that may be available with non-subscriber copies may not be provided with subscriber copies, depending on the sole discretion of Bauer Media Ltd.
- Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
- The Promotion commences 15/01/2015 and closes 15/03/2015 at 17:00pm (AEDST) (for subscriptions paid via a cheque) and at 23.59pm (AEDST) (for subscriptions paid by a valid credit card). The draw will take place at the Promoter’s premises, Level 11, 54 Park Street, Sydney NSW 2000 on 20/03/2015 at 11.00am (AEDST). The winner will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw.
- To enter, individuals must during the Promotional Period subscribe to Australian Geographic Outdoor magazine. Individuals must then answer the question in 25 words or less, “Where would you take the Mission kayak on its first adventure?”
- All entries at the end of the Promotional Period will then be judged by a panel of judges appointed by the Promoter. The judges will then determine the one (1) major prize winner.
- The one (1) major prize winner selected will receive:
Solution Gear Medium kayak Cart valued at $129.95
Traveller Soft Standard Pair valued at $109.95
Mission Kayak Glide 390 with Rudder valued at $1,249
Total prize value: $1,488.90 AUD RRP
- This is a game of skill; chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on its literary and creative merit of the answer to the question and creative and suitability to the promotion. The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the competition will be final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Every person who subscribes to Australian Geographic Outdoor magazine for a period of two (2) years during the promotional period is entitled to receive a ‘Kayaking Around Australia’ book RRP $39.95. This offer is not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
- Redemption of prizes is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers. Prizes do not include any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize.
- Prize must be taken as offered. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed as cash. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer. The prize is valued in Australian dollars. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prize winner is advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize. In the event that a portion of the prize is awarded to the winner in the form of a voucher / ticket / pass/ letter, redemption of that portion of the prize will be subject to the terms and conditions stipulated on the voucher / ticket / pass/ letter. The Promoter will not be liable for any voucher / ticket / pass/ letter that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way. Failure to follow the standard rules and guidelines presented will result in the winner forfeiting their right to participate in the said activity.
- All elements of the prize are subject to availability with no cash alternative and the prize package is non-transferable and non-refundable. Winner(s) cannot change, vary, substitute or extend any element of the prize (in whole or in part).
- If winner is unable to fulfill prize during time period, winner forfeits the prize package with no compensation or further liability of the promoter. Cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
- As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner (and their companion) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
- In the event that the prize, or part of the prize, is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize or part of the prize in its discretion with an alternative prize or part of the prize to the same and equal recommended retail value and/or specification subject to any written directions from the various Lottery Departments.
- A draw for the prize, should it remain unclaimed, may take place on 15/04/2014 at 11am AEST at the same place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The winner will be contacted in writing within 2 days of the draw.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including but not limited to natural disaster) the Promoter reserves the right to subject to reference to all relevant state and territory rules and regulations, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
- If a medical circumstance in some way restricts your ability to enter the competition through the required mechanic, you are still eligible to enter however you must briefly state your circumstances upon entry.
- If your entry is selected as a winning entry, validation of your circumstances and the validity of your entry will be undertaken by the Promoter. Method of validation (without limitation) will be determined by the Promoter in its complete discretion. If the winning entry is deemed to be a winner, the winner will be notified as per the terms and conditions herein. In the event that the Promoter requests the entrant to sign any legal documents relating to the verification of their medical circumstance, the legal documents will take the form determined by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the prize the winner sign any such legal documentation.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to opt out, access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter. The collection, use and disclosure of personal information provided in connection with this promotion is governed by the Privacy Notice (see www.bauer-media.com.au for location of privacy notice).
- By entering this promotion, the entrant consents to receipt of any email regarding the promotion, and other emails which inform the entrant of the Promoter’s other publications, products, services and events and to promote third party goods and services it may be interested in.
- The Promoter is Bauer Media Ltd of 54 Park Street, Sydney, NSW 2000. ABN is 18 053 273 546. Telephone 02 9282 8000.