Australian Geographic Outdoor
Every issue of Australian Geographic Outdoor is packed with the best destinations that nature has on offer, along with the expert advice, information and gear you need to get outdoors. The magazine is the ultimate source of inspiring adventure, travel and lifestyle.
|Upcoming Issues||Expected delivery within Aus|
|Sep 16||Wed 14 Sep 2016 - Fri 23 Sep 2016|
|Nov 2016||Wed 09 Nov 2016 - Fri 18 Nov 2016|
Your first issue delivery date will be confirmed via an email directly from the publisher to you.
The EXPECTED DELIVERY date range is an estimate of when a subscription copy will arrive in Australia. This varies by location due to Australia Post delivery timings.
Subscribe for your chance to WIN a trip to Flinders Island valued at $5,000!
Subscribe or renew your subscription for just $42 (6 issues- save 30%) or $79 (12 issues - save 34%) and you’ll receive:
- Inspiration with 6 or 12 issues of Australian Geographic Outdoor
- 10% discount in all Australian Geographic stores
- Membership to the Australian Geographic Society
- A FREE Classic walks DVD & Map pack
- An entry to WIN a a trip to Flinders Island valued at $5,000!
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is open to all residents of Australia aged 18 years or over who subscribe or renew their subscription (via the methods outlined below in clause 5) during the promotional period for a minimum of six (6) month subscription to Australia Geographic Outdoor Magazine. Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
- Entry is subject to verification of the credit card or, if payment is made by cheque, the cheque must be cleared for payment by the close date of the promotion.
- The promotion commences 14 July 2016 and closes 11:59pm (AEST) on 14 September 2016 (“Promotional Period”). The draw will take place on 22 September 2016 at 11:00am (AEST). The draw will be completed at Bauer Media 54 Park Street, Sydney NSW 2000. The winner will be notified in writing by mail within seven (7) business days of the draw. The winner’s name will be published on http://www.australiangeographic.com.au/outdoor from 23 September 2016 for 28 days from this date.
- To enter, individuals must during the Promotional Period purchase a subscription for a minimum of six (6) months and subscribe by either:
- Visit www.magshop.com.au/australin-geographic-outdoor and subscribe or renew. Payment can be made online via credit card or a cheque can be sent to Reply Paid 4967, Sydney, NSW 2001; OR
- Obtain or renew a subscription via telephone on 136 116 (Mon – Fri 8:00am AEDST – 8:00pm AEDST). Entrants must quote the promotional code which can be found online at www.magshop.com.au. Maximum cost of call is 55c. Calls from mobile and pay phones may attract a higher rate.
- Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) only one (1) entry is permitted per subscription; and (b) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements.
- By subscribing to this magazine title, entrants acknowledge that they understand that ‘tip-ons’ and gifts that may be available with non-subscriber copies may not be provided with subscriber copies. This determination is made at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Incomplete, inaudible or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
- This offer is not valid in conjunction with any other offer. Only one (1) entry is permitted per subscriber. If the subscription is a gift, the gift recipient (i.e. person receiving the subscription) will be entered into the draw. Subscription gift donors (i.e. person buying the subscription), 3rd party subscriptions (i.e. whereby a person’s subscription is paid for by a corporate body) and free subscriptions will be deemed invalid.
- The first (1) valid entry drawn from all entries received will win:
- Two (2) x Return economy flights from their nearest capital city to Flinders Island valued at up to $1400.00 (including taxes, depending on point of departure)
- Two (2) x nights standard twin share accommodation at Mountain seas retreat in a king suite standard room valued up to $350.00 including set menu dinner at Mountain Seas Retreat Restaurant each night.
- Three (3) Day Flinders Island Walk valued at up to $1599.00 per person
The total prize pool is valued at up to AUD$4948.00 (including taxes, depending on point and date of departure). If the winner is from Launceston metropolitan area, the flight between Launceston and Flinders Island will be included only.
- Prize must be redeemed in full on 14 September 2017. Prize is subject to availability at the time of booking. The booking time of the flights will be determined by the promoter in its complete discretion. Blackout periods included: Christmas and Easter periods, public holidays and public holiday weekends, school holidays and new year’s eve/day.
- The Promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any loss or damage suffered in the event that the Three (3) Day Flinders Island Walk is closed at the time of redeeming the prize for any reason whatsoever.
- Prize does not include transfers to and from the winner’s place of residence to the departure point and transfers between the hotel and airport. These costs are the responsibility of the winner.
- The winner (and their companion) are responsible for all other expenses including spending money, meals (unless specified), drinks, transfers (unless specified), laundry charges, activities (unless specified), incidentals, energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges and all other ancillary costs.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be requested to present their credit card or a cash deposit upon arrival at any accommodation to cover all incidentals they may incur during their stay.
- Two (2) flights must be utilized at the same time, for the same travel dates, to and from the same destination.
- Transport to and from Departure point including but not limited to additional Domestic airfares if required, any additional meals, any extra sightseeing or activities, any additional accommodation, personal spending money, and all other ancillary costs, as well as obtaining any of these, are the responsibility of the winner and their travel companions. Prize also excludes medical expenses, items of a personal nature, beverages, optional tours not outlined, laundry, telephone calls, additional nights, room upgrades or other ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize other than those specified. These costs and expenses are the responsibility of the winner. Any extension to the duration of the prize is at the winner’s sole expense and subject to availability at the time of booking. For the removal of doubt, taxes for domestic travel are included in the prize winning domestic airfares provided by the Promoter.
- Prize must be taken as offered. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed as cash. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer. The prize is valued in Australian dollars. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prize winner is advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize. In the event that a portion of the prize is awarded to the winner in the form of a voucher / ticket / pass/ letter, redemption of that portion of the prize will be subject to the terms and conditions stipulated on the voucher / ticket / pass/ letter. The Promoter will not be liable for any voucher / ticket / pass/ letter that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way. Redemption of the prize subject to the standard terms and conditions and guidelines of the accommodation venue and the activity service provider. Failure to follow the standard rules and guidelines presented will result in the winner forfeiting their right to participate in the said activity.
- As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner (and their companions) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
- Delivery of the first issue will occur after a minimum of 4-6 weeks from the date the subscription becomes valid.
- In acceptance of the prize, the Winner acknowledges that they may incur ongoing costs associated with the prize which are the entire responsibility of the winner.
- Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
- If necessary, an unclaimed prize draw will be held on 4 January 2017 at the same time and place as the original draws in order to distribute any unclaimed. Any winner from this draw will be notified by email and their name will be published on www.australiangeographic.com.au from 5 January 2017 for 28 days.
- In the event that for any reason whatsoever the Winner does not take the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited by the Winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
- In the event that a prize, or part of a prize, is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize or part of the prize in its discretion with an alternative prize or part of the prize to the same and equal recommended retail value and/or specification subject to any written directions from the various Lottery Departments.
- The promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any late lost or misdirected mail (including but not limited to prizes).
- The Promoter is not responsible nor liable for any prize damaged in transit in the delivery of their prize
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including but not limited to natural disaster)the Promoter reserves the right to subject to reference to all relevant state and territory rules and regulations, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
- If a medical circumstance in some way restricts your ability to enter the competition through the required mechanic, you are still eligible to enter however you must briefly state your circumstances upon entry.
- If your entry is selected as a winning entry, validation of your circumstances/ the validity of your entry will be undertaken by the Promoter. Method of validation (without limitation) will be determined by the Promoter in its complete discretion. If the winning entry is deemed to be a winner, the winner will be notified as per the terms and conditions herein. In the event that the Promoter requests the entrant to sign any legal documents relating to the verification of their medical circumstance, the legal documents will take the form determined by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the prize the winner sign any such legal documentation.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- The Promoter is Bauer Media Pty Ltd (ABN 18 053 273 546) of 54 – 58 Park Street, Sydney, NSW 2000. Phone: 02 9282 8000.